January 9, 2008

Mug Shots



Since there are more belly fetishists out there than I'd previously thought, I've caved to requests for updated photos. Here I am, gut and all.... or should I say, all gut. Yeesh. My doctor told me today that I'm already 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced, which is great because I feel like I've made progress for free. I have been experiencing contractions, but they aren't the real thing yet. They feel like a tightening high up in the belly. From what I've read, that's just the uterus practicing for the big day. It seems to practice a lot - like every 10 minutes or so sometimes. I guess that means this kid is going to happen any day now. I'm really ready for him to come out. His head is so low in my pelvis that I can feel it in my hips. It’s a really odd sensation, for those of you who haven’t experienced it. Like walking with a grapefruit between your legs. Try it if you'd like to see what I mean.



We got new furnishings for the living room(s) and set up our computer today, so things have been rearranged quite a bit since I last updated the blog. Here's Kerstin watching YouTube videos in the new office section of our living room. Like the rug? It's a birthday present from my favorite aunt and my mother. I think it really ties the room together. Thanks Mom and Kay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for belly shots! I'm jealous over your 80% effaced--my last visit showed no progress essentially over the last two-week check (50-60%). Bleah. I look quite literally like I've swallowed a basketball--or a 2x4 depending upon how the baby is stretching. Good luck and happy labor soon to you!
cheyenne

Anonymous said...

HEY! Show us what was in there! We want to see Alden Michael. Bellies are OK but we want to see the package!

Joseph (that's granpa Jo to Alden....)