May 3, 2008

Pictures from Barbara

My mom sent me some photos that she took during Passover and I like them so much that I've posted them here. Kerstin disapproves of my gratuitous use of photos on our blog. ("Get a Flickr site", he says). But I think new photos are really what the Alden fans want to see - if I'm right here, please chime in! Besides, my mom is a great photographer and I'd like to show off her craft. Think of this entry as a vehicle for her art.
Grandma Barbara and Alden. This photo really highlights that 90th percentile head!

We played several rousing games of Boggle in Maryland. My brother Aaron won most of them - curse that brilliant Engineering mind of his! Alden thought the game was a hoot. He was really interested in the pad of paper and thought that writing was really cool, which is great, because it's hard to find grown up activities that can keep me occupied and keep him entertained at the same time. He put up with a whole 45 minutes of play and oohed and ahhed.

Oooh... good word, mom...

I've had a hell of a time getting a good picture of Alden's smile. He smiles all the time, but as soon as I put a camera in front of him, he goes all doe-in-the-headlights on me. I have lots of photos of this look, and while it's achingly adorable, a smile is so much more satisfying to capture for posterity. Enticing, pleading and cajoling him into smiling with a camera in my hands has proven futile so far. Somehow my mom was able to do what I have failed to accomplish - get a well-framed and focused picture of Alden in mid grin. I guess that's why she's the professional.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More Pictures!!! What kind of a father wants fewer pictures of his kid on the web? Its grandparental abuse. Don't let him have his way. More Pictures!
Grandpa Jo

Anonymous said...

Hey Lana;
I vote with you!........more pictures....it's the only way some of us have to stay connected to squishy baby as he grows. Besides, your mom does have a marvelous eye with the camera....I love the boggle pictures and that is a great memory of your stay. Hope things are going well with everyone and that little Alden isn't fussing like he was last week. Love to all, Auntie Kay

Anonymous said...

yep - baby pictures rock!

Ilana said...

Thank you all for validating me. Now I can give Kerstin a big "told ya so"!

Ilana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.