March 1, 2008

Hitting the Bottle

First bottle feeding

The bottle-feeding milestone was a piece of cake. Today we decided that Alden was mature enough to get his food from another source - going out to eat as it were. Ilana pumped 3oz. straight into a bottle, handed it off to me and I fed the little fella easy as you please. No fuss, no problems, it blew my mind. He was still a little hungry afterwards so Ilana fed him some more straight from the source. That was reassuring because we heard that there is possibility of nipple confusion when introducing the bottle. Nipple Confusion sounds like a band I might enjoy listening to.

bald patch

I noticed today we are wearing out Alden's hair in the spots that rub against stuff. I've been told that the birth-hair usually falls out and is replaced within the first year. I hope that is what is going on and he is not developing mange... I don't even know how I would deal with that.

Rocking out

Alden and I were rocking out to 80's punk and new wave this morning. The Lef Nut was a skateboard logo back in the day. My pals made Alden the onesie as a tribute to the past I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in the supermarket the other day and some random lady asked me how old Ronin was. I said "7 weeks" and she responded "I guess all that hair is going to fall out." !!! This was the first I'd heard anything about it and I was pretty incredulous. Of course, I looked it up and sure enough... Pretty weird. It's definitely a good thing to be warned about.