April 16, 2012

Demolition

The tenant living in the first floor apartment moved out at the top of the month. Jeff had been in the apartment since 2006 and in discussions about rent rates vs. building improvements he opted for low rent. His moving out gives me the opportunity to make some major upgrades to the apartment.

Top 0f the list is new rear windows. Next is removing some walls and opening the floor plan so there is a bigger kitchen area. Finally the bathroom needs some major care because the bath surround is rotten and needs replacing. Also a 'storage' room will be finished to be a storage room (without quotes).

This week I finished the demolition. I ambitiously hope that I can get the framing done by the end of this weekend. I will then focus on finish work with sheet rock, paint plaster, new carpets, etc.

No comments: