April 12, 2010

New Passover Song



Dianu is so passe. This year the hot new song was I've Been Working on the Railroad in three part harmony. The song was introduced as a stop gap measure to keep Alden from melting down in mid-seder. It worked beautifully, so long as we kept singing it over and over to the exclusion of the rest of seder. My favorite part of this video is my grandfather eating his dinner, completely unaware of what's going on. That and the gargantuan nose picking by my son at the end of the video. I'm so glad I'm able to share that tender moment with everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, to laugh again at your adorable boy.....'again, please'. what a treat to have you come for Passover......one I will wish for every year. And to hear Jessie laughing in the background of the movie is the icing on the cake.....I don't think we've seen/heard her so happy as when she was playing with Alden. And just so you know Ilana, my mother and father were fantastic singers in their day......both operatic. my father sang in the glee club at Johns Hopkins and they ALWAYS sang at parties together (when they weren't fighting with each other, that is). I was happily suprised to have you notice since that talent is something I love in my father. I hope you know how much I cherish the fact that you came down with Alden this year and only hope next year everyone can join us. much love from auntie kay