October 4, 2009

October Update

I have not been posting as much lately and I feel bad about that, but I have been working on the house like crazy for the past month so I have an excuse. Ill update the house progress in a day or so, but right now I'll do the Alden update....

Alden's favorite songs right now include I'm a little Dinosaur by Jonathan Richman, Frere Jacques, Six (from school house rock), and Going to Marrakesh by the Extra Glens. As of about a week ago he started using two word combinations like 'daddy shoes' and 'momma home'. His balance is getting better day by day and he is getting fussier about the going to bed ritual (Bath, diaper change, tooth brush, getting in pajamas) . He has stopped nursing as of a week ago and has decided he loves tomato juice.
He is getting more willful and desperate to see the basement and the 'mudroom' (where I have been working the past month putting in a new bathroom and other remodels). He LOVES cats and watching retro Sesame Street songs on Youtube with either Ilana or me. Favorite numbers are 2, 4 and 6. Favorite letters are P,R,X, M, W and B. He likes eating refried beans out of the can when I make burritos and is a fan of applesauce. Favorite books include Wocket in my Pocket, Playful Puppies Picnic in the Park, Hop on Pop and still... Hippos go Berserk.

His humor is developing pretty well and he tries out toddler jokes occasionally. He has certain clothes he prefers to wear (usually with dogs on it) he still does not like sand and grass touching his feet or messy things on his hands. If he has enough sleep he is a really sweet charming delightful person (poor sleep = attitude problems) and he wakes up between 6:00 and 6:30 each morning like clockwork so we try to put him down between 7 and 8. That's the short of it.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

damn right his favorite letters include "B."