August 15, 2009

Imitative behavior




Out of all the AWESOME things Alden has seen me do in his lifetime, he picks the oddest things to imitate. Given that he's very particular about dirt/grass/ sand/ etc. touching his hands and feet and the relative squalor in which we live, it does not come as too much of a surprise that he has decided to demonstrate cleaning techniques.

Its rather embarrassing really. I was sitting on the porch having a beer when Alden decided to do the cleaning... I felt some shame, yes.

I particularly like how he picks up the door-stop wedge and tries to put that away, but the shelf is so full of crap it falls to the floor. Shameful.

1 comment:

kay said...

There will come a time when Alden gets older when you will desparately wish for the days when he swept floors and sponged tables. Unless he winds up with OCD, this might be the only time you witness such cleanliness. One of my distinct memories of Sarah was before she was 2 (and like her oldest sister wasn't into verbal communication until she was a little older) and she started screaming like a wild banshee while I was in her room, and it took me ten minutes to figure out she wanted her shoes lined up just so on her shelf......now Sarah has always been orderly, but I never saw a repeat of that degree of neatness. So just enjoy it while you can!!