April 18, 2010

2nd bathroom 2

I worked on the bathroom most of the day. The shower stall will have two full walls and a knee-wall with a piece of glass or plexi for the top half.
Doing mediocre tile setting is always rough on my psyche. It's tough after a long break from it; my skills are off. Not that it is coming out bad, it could just be better. The biggest problem comes from a house that is not level or square... Yeah, I'll blame the house.The trim around the shower will be maple, stained to look like the cherry wood from the vanity. It's really hard to find cherry wood in Maine.
The tile is from Korea and has a glaze that makes each tile unique. I really like that. Most of the tile you find at Home Depot or Lowes is screen printed these days. SCREEN PRINTED to look like a glaze that was trying to look like stone. Ridiculous.
Alden played shopping today with Ilana and the stuffed animals... They bought tile, a shower, a sink, blue tile... and then a pig, cat and alligator, all Alden's idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a crazy question, but by chance do you have 3 of those tiles I could buy from you? They did work at my condo, and broke 3 tiles. Lowes no longer sells them, and I'm either gonna have to change the entire bathroom, or have some stupid trim done that I won't like. Can you please email me at ladybugsnworms@yahoo.com. My gmail account doesn't work. Thank you so much. Maddy