January 8, 2010

New Year's Weekend

Ice "dendrites" on Winona Pond.

We went to my Dad's house for the New Year's Eve weekend. Both my brothers flew out from their respective homes in the Northwest and Southwest. This was the first time we met baby Levin, Alden's first cousin and the first child of Aaron and Liz. This was also my Dad's first time meeting the little guy. We were very impressed by Levin's easy-going disposition, his ability to sleep, and his general sweetness. It amazes me just how different babies really are.
It was a very snowy weekend. Maine bore the brunt of the storm, but in NH all we had were a few days of flurries and maybe 6-8 inches amassed total. We took Alden out on the ice in a plastic sled that we pulled behind us. He was cool when my Dad or I pulled him, but went into fits of hysteria when Aaron tried it. In general, he was pretty dubious of Aaron, Liz, Levin and Ben. I don't know why he was so nervous around Ben when he grew up with him here. I guess he forgot about that.


There was a lot of time spent on the ice, including the new years countdown and a family hockey game.
Food, of course, is always a big part of the holidays, and this one was no different. Many great meals made by both the hosts and the guests.

No comments: