February 1, 2008

g diapers

Alden and g-diaper

A couple days ago we switched from the disposable diapers we were given from the hospital and had stocked up on ourselves, to the g-diapers we are really excited to try. g-diapers (http://www.gdiapers.com/)are diapers with a flushable pad that you throw in the toilet after the changing, instead of washing a cloth diaper or throwing away the entire disposable diaper. The things are freaking amazing and If you haven't used them before go have some kids so you can try em out.

On another note I came to a 'precious moment' realization today. Alden still has bouts of hiccups when he gets excited (like after baths or changing), and watching him hiccup is hilarious and endearing. He stairs buggy-eyed, his whole body jumps when he hics, which startles him, he gets more buggy-eyed, and then hics again (repeat every 5 seconds). This cycle can last a couple minutes and I wanted to capture it for posterity. Ive been slowly getting my camcorder, finding my tripod, getting a blank cassette, etcetera. I was finally set up to shoot the video yesterday but Alden then decided he can express his hiccup distress. It's not funny when he's crying. In fact it's pretty annoying, sad, and humbling (because you can't do anything about getting rid of the hiccups). Anyway that precious moment of helpless non-crying hiccups is past, never to return, never to be caught on video and posted on the internet. So sad. So sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these in the store and they look cool but they're twice as expensive as the seventh generation naturola diapers. What gives? It seem like they have less material and would be easier to make. I also don't trust the plumbing in our old building...

Anonymous said...

I reckon since g-diapers are new technology (top diaper scientists from NASA worked on them from what I hear) so the costs are higher, but I want to support them so they can get the order capacity up and reduce the price. Our calculations show g-diapers are 1/3 more then disposable, but you also don't have to deal with dirty diapers in the house. The 'starter pack' is the one that's hard to justify in my book...