November 30, 2012

San Francisco Trip 2

We had a chance to  go to Muir Woods and visit the big trees with the family. I was also going to meet up with my friends Brad and Shanti and their new baby Taren. Unfortunately we got held up a little and there is no phone reception in the park by which to coordinate schedules. I later found out that Shanti saw Alden and Levin racing up and down the trails, but did not make the connection to me.

The forest was great and is one of the places I really wanted to see in my life.
Here is Alden outside the gift shop next to a slice of tree. 
In addition to the Muir woods trip we also did hiking and geocaching thanks to uncle Aaron. We found this crazy maze in the middle of a field and had fun taking and leaving things in the cashing canisters.  The big hit was the San Jose Technology Museum, it was so nice we went there twice.

There was a Myth Buster exhibition that was loads of fun.
 Aaron and Leven dominated in the space-chair simulator
Alden especially liked the kinetic ball-sculpture outside the museum and the new-technology exhibit where a robot arm drew a picture of Alden with a bic pen.
Alden and I were able to visit Shanti, Brad and Taren at their place after the museum.
Ilana and Barbara missed the first visit since Ilana was fighting a cold and Barbara was working. We went back on the last day of our visit... Well, they went back, I split from the group and saw an interactive art festival.

No comments: