June 22, 2011

New Closet

When we bought the house the door off the side of the dining room did not lead to a closet, but rather stairs to the basement with shelves. At one point it WAS a closet until some Yankee genius cut a rectangle out of the floor and installed some scrap-wood-stairs. I'm sure there was a good reason for doing that at the time, but for my lifestyle I prefer to have the closet space. The 2 biggest downsides of this modification was that it took away a really good place to put stuff and it made the house very drafty. So a couple months ago I decided to reclaim the space as a closet. So I re-installed the floor, threw on some sheet-rock and did a little plastering. And voila!


One thing that makes these jobs totally worth it is when Alden discovers the new space.

No comments: