May 8, 2011

Truck Broke

I was rear ended on my way home from work Friday. It was one of those guy-stops-quickly-to-make-a-turn-while-everyone-behind-him-slams-on their-brakes kind of deals. I didn't hit the car in front of me, and the guy behind me managed to steer into the soft shoulder and miraculously missed both my truck and a large tree. The guy behind him didn't realize what was going on and slammed into me. I wasn't hurt and neither was the man who hit me, but poor Mel really took it in the rear. She was carrying a whole load of composted manure back from Boothbay and she managed to get most of it home despite the accident. What a trooper! We really hope the insurance company doesn't scrap her.
On a happier note, the garden was manured this weekend, both by this load and by a huge pile of llama manure we bought from our neighbors and things are finally moving forward with the garden. Pictures soon.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Hobson said...

what a bummer. Good luck with the insurance company.