June 8, 2009

Kiddie Pool


It was a gorgeous summer day, so Alden and I played in the kiddie pool graciously provided by Karen. We played for about an hour straight before running inside for a little snack. Afterwards, Evelyn and Gillian biked over to join us. Evvie preferred slowly emptying the pool by filling up half of a plastic easter egg with water and dumping it in our herb garden. She made about 300,000 trips, which apparently was more fun than splashing about in the pool itself. Alden also shied away from bathing in the pool once company arrived and instead preferred to check out the "tractors" next door. Hence, no cute double baby shots. But we still had a great time.

I didn't have any swim diapers at home, so I thought, what the hell, let's just see what happens in a disposable diaper. The baby just grows an enormous ass, that's what. It ballooned to tumor proportions and eventually impaired Alden's mobility. I now understand why swim diapers are so important. So I took it off and let the little guy free ball it instead. I did change the water before Evelyn arrived, however.
We worked on making the floating rings ("gaggule" or circle) into hats.

No comments: