January 1, 2009

Kerstin is better

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm feeling better and will write about my ordeal when I get the chance. Docs still don't know why my brain went screwy for ten hours on the 27th, but they have done some tests (MRI, CAT Scan, blood, heart, EEG) and everything looks tip-top... or at least nothing is readily apparent like a tumor or a malevolent gremlin. The 'spell' passed in the night and was isolated to that one episode. Since I got out of the hospital people have shared with me stories about friends and family who have had similar experiences (screwy-brain for 1 to 10 hours) so it may be more common than I realize.

2 comments:

Aaron Hobson said...

We're glad to hear your tests are normal and you're feeling well. We had our own little scare here yesterday, when Liz fainted in the lab. Her lab-mate called 911 and she was brought to the ER where they did some tests, and everything seems fine. We're already in the stage where we can joke about it, but it is worrisome when your body does funny and unexpected things for no apparent reason.

Anonymous said...

You had me going there for a while mate. Obvio, am overjoyed that you're back in the bosom of the family. Ilana's blue blanket is getting a second season and our newest mite is going through the tripartite stage of aware/asleep/a nipple.

Love to you all
and once again, right glad you are right again!