April 1, 2008

The Home

With spring on the way I wanted to share some developments on the home front.

First- My glacier is moving eastward at an impressive pace. That's right, I have a glacier. It sits on top of my garage and is currently looming over my pile of unwanted appliances, threatening to crush them sooner or later, or at least -F- them up some before I drag them to the curb for Gardiner spring cleaning day (when the city will haul away your unwanted junk for $15). The glacier is the product of a metal flat roof garage. For those of you not familiar with metal roofs, they are used in cold climates so snow and ice will slide off the roof-pitch and not stick (as it does to tar shingles). Why someone would put metal on a flat roof is beyond me. These pictures were taken 4 days apart, as you can see my glacier is moving at a mighty clip

On another note I wanted to show off my ability with a chainsaw and clippers. Ive been doing some late pruning of out plants. I figure as long as there is snow on the ground pruning is okay, even thoug most book say otherwise. This is our apple tree.

Tree before

Tree after

With warmer weather on the way I hope to get back to working on the house and making it a premium place to live... More to come.

1 comment:

barbara said...

can't believe there is still so much snow up there when the flowers are blooming out here.